Nanotechnology Summit at UMass Lowell
The University held a Nanotechnology Summit in April that included informative presentations in the focus areas of :
- Environmental, Health and Safety of Nanomaterials
Research faculty members also presented posters highlighting the scientific breakthroughs that are being made at the University.
This event is held on an annual basis and information regarding the 2008 Summit will be made available on this Web site.
The 5th New England International Nanomanufacturing Workshop was held in June 2007. Organized by the NSF Nanoscale Science and Engineering Center for High-rate Nanomanufacturing (CHN), this annual workshop is held at Northeastern University.
The goal of the workshop is to address moving nanotechnology from the laboratory to industry-floor manufacturing. The workshop addresses current successes in transitioning research into commercial products and it serves as a forum for industry, academia and small business to interact and collaborate. Topics of discussion have included:
- High rate directed assembly of nanoelements
- Control of performance of organic devices by nanotechnology
- Nanotemplate enabled assembly and transfer of polymers
- Nanofabrication using self-assembling diblock copolymer templates
- Survey of nanotechnology in the U.S. manufacturing industry
- Barriers to the commercialization issues of MEMS and nanotechnology
- Challenges in manufacturing safety
- Societal impact of nanomanufacturing
Information regarding the 6th New England International Nanomanufacturing Workshop will be forthcoming.