Connecting the resources of the University of Massachusetts to medical device companies in the Commonwealth.
"M2D2 provides that support when companies need it and at a reasonable cost.” - Hooks Johnston, Senior VP (Retired), Smith & Nephew, Past Chairman, Board of Directors, MassMEDIC
For Engineering Assistance:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Stephen P. McCarthy, Ph.D.
Department of Plastics Engineering
For Clinical Trial Assistance:
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester
Nathaniel (Nate) Hafer, Ph.D.
Director of Operations
UMass Center for Clinical & Translational Science
For Business Assistance:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Steven Tello, Ed.D.
Assoc. Vice Chancellor, Entrepreneurship & Economic Development
Assoc. Professor, Management & Entrepreneurship
M2D2 Executive Committee:
In addition to the M2D2 Directors listed above the M2D2 executive board includes the following:
- Lisa Abdallah, Associate Chair & Assoc. Prof, School of Health and Environ. Nursing Dept., University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ruth Dubey, Executive Assistant, M2D2 & Administrative Assistant, Plastics Engineering Department
- Louise Griffin, Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations, University of Massachusetts Lowell Advancement Office
- Meg Johnson, Director of Clinical Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Rajnish Kaushik, Licensing & Business Development Manager, Office of CVIP, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Scott Latham, Assoc. Professor, Strategy, Manning School of Business, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Christopher W. Macomber, MD, Resident in General Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Ashwin Mehta, Professor, Management, Manning School of Business, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Jill Murthi, Director of Commercial Ventures, Office of CVIP, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- MaryAnn Picard, Industrial Liaison, Massachusetts Medical Device Development Center
- Satinder Rawat, Licensing Officer, Office of Technology Management, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Nancy Saucier, Assoc. Director of New Venture Development, Office of CVIP, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Lisa Wang, MD, Resident in General Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School
M2D2 Advisory Board:
- Hooks Johnston, (SVP, Smith & Nephew, Retired), Steering Committee Chair
- Daniel Baril, President & CEO, Baril Corporation
- Abigail (Abi) Barrow, Director, Massachusetts Technology Transfer Center, UMass President's Office
- James Barry, Executive Vice President & COO, Arsenal Medical, Inc.
- John Brooks III, President & CEO, Joslin Diabetes Center
- Mark Boden, Senior Fellow, Corporate Research, Boston Scientific
- Thomas Chmura, Vice President for Economic Development, University of Massachusetts President’s Office
- Chris Coghlin, President & CEO, Coghlin Companies, Inc.
- Kathleen (Kay) Doyle, Professor (Retired) & Former Chair, Dept. of Clinical Lab and Nutritional Sciences, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Michael Fritschy, EVP of Manufacturing, Daktari Diagnostics
- William Geary III, Co-Managing Partner, Nutter, McClennen & Fish, LLP
- Peter Litman, Attorney & Member of the Firm, Outside GC, LLC
- Katherine Luzuriaga, MD, Director of UMCCTS, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Paul Nazzaro, President & CEO, Injectronics Corporation
- Katherine Oates, Technology Mgr., Adv. Surgical Devices Tech Assessment & Emerg. Therapies, Smith & Nephew, Inc.
- Kevin O'Sullivan, President and CEO, Massachusetts, Biotechnology Initiative (MBI)
- Richard Packer, President & CEO, Zoll Medical Corporation
- Mark Saab, President, Advanced Polymers
- Thomas Sommer, President, MassMEDIC
- Gayathri Srinivasan, Associate Director for Business Development and Strategic Alliance, T1D Exchange
- Josh Tolkoff, Managing Director, Ironwood Equity Fund LP
- Mark Trusheim, President, Co-Bio Consulting, LLC
- Edward (Ned) C. Williams III, Partner, Brook Venture Partners
- Jack Wilson, President Emeritus, University of Massachusetts