- How can I find more information regarding M2D2?
You can find more information on M2D2 by downloading the M2D2 brochure (pdf) as well as request information through our Request information page or you can contact M2D2 by phone at 978-934-3465.TOP
- How does M2D2 help with SBIR/STTR grant writing?
Of the SBIR/STTRs that M2D2 has assisted in writing, 60% have been funded. This success rate is much higher than what most entrepreneurs experience. Besides assisting with the actual wording of grants, M2D2 has an extensive list of resources. Using M2D2's connections, you will be able to submit a grant with input from engineers, nurses, doctors, and professionals with business and industry experience.TOP
- How is M2D2 funded?
M2D2 began as a grass roots collaboration between the University of Massachusetts Lowell and the University of Massachusetts Medical School (Worcester) to assist medical-device entrepreneurs. The M2D2 is currently funded by the John Adams Innovation Institute. Both campuses attract interest once the entrepreneur learns of their capabilities; thus, in turn, UMass benefits when fee-based service are requested.TOP
- What can M2D2 offer me?
M2D2 offers consultations for any entrepreneur or medical device start-up company. To learn more about these service provided by M2D2 please see our M2D2 Services page.
- Assistance with SBIR/STTR applications
- Connections to Massachusetts Venture Capitalist and Angel Network
- Medical expertise
- Regulatory support for FDA submissions
- Access to patient population for clinical trials
- Interface with MassMEDIC IGNITE program
- Network of private sector design, fabrication and testing firms
- Help with prototypes considering costs, schedule and quality
- Design feedback
- Facilities partnership with clinical investigators
- Prototyping including plastic molding
- Computer and software design
- Clinical trialsTOP
- What entrepreneurs should contact M2D2?
M2D2 has something to offer every medical device entrepreneur. The group has diverse knowledge and extensive networks. Experienced professionals who have gone through the commercialization process many times will assist the entrepreneur at any step along the way. Not many places offer individualized mentoring for medical device technologies.TOP
- What happens after I submit an M2D2 participation application?
Once an application is received, a member from the M2D2 team will confirm receipt of your application and conduct a review within 30 days of its receipt; if appropriate, you and your team will be invited to discuss your application further with the M2D2 executive board by scheduling a presentation time. The presentation should be 10 minutes and will be followed by 20-30 minutes of questions. A laptop and projector will be available for use. The M2D2 team, which consists of between 8 and 10 people, will be attending the presentation.TOP
- Why should I fill out an M2D2 participation application?
The M2D2 M2D2 participation application (doc) is the most concise way that M2D2 can review the entrepreneur's information. When evaluating the application, M2D2 considers what would be the most logical next step in the he commercialization process, as well as what options are available. There is no commitment on the part of the entrepreneur to hire M2D2 for any services. Because a confidentiality agreement is in place, there is no downside to receiving a consultation.TOP
- Will my information remain confidential?
All information presented to M2D2 either by phone, e-mail, electronic files, hard copies, or presentation, will be kept confidential. An M2D2 Confidential Disclosure Agreement form will be signed prior to any transferring of information.TOP