Role of the Steering Committee
The steering committee guides and supports the Healthy Work Participatory Program. Its specific roles are as follows:
At the start of the program, the Steering Committee...
- Collects baseline data on workplace health
- Nominates non-managerial employees to serve on the design team
- Informs the organization at large about the program (its status, goals and achievements)
Throughout the program, the Steering Committee...
- Meets regularly to consider the design team's proposals on how to improve workplace health
- Provides timely feedback on the proposals of the design team
- Selects which of the design team's proposals to implement
- Implements the design team's proposals by:
- Changing organizational policies
- Directing organizational resources towards implementation
- Where possible, involving the design team in the implementation process
- Regularly updates the organization at large on the program's status, goals and achievements
After implementing a proposal, the Steering Committee...
- Periodically evaluates the benefits and effectiveness of each implemented change