We have the pleasure of inviting you to participate in the Biopharmaceutical Summit which will take place on May 13-15, 2013 in Lowell, Massachusetts. The summit is hosted by the Biopharmaceutical Process and Quality Consortium. Detailed information is as follows;
What: Biopharmaceutical Process and Quality Consortium 2nd Biopharmaceutical Summit
Workshop: May 15, 2013, Workshop on Next Generation Biopharmaceutical Process – Continuous
Training: May 13-14, 2013: Advanced Training on Continuous Bioprocessing,
Where: Inn & Conference Center, Lowell Mass. (University of Massachusetts Lowell)
During the summit, the following topics will be addressed:
- Next generation biopharmaceutical process
- Continuous bioprocessing infrastructure (Upstream and downstream)
- Systems technology for continuous bioprocessing
- Current practices and progresses
Who will be participating?
This three-day summit (one day workshop and two-day training) will mark the second annual event of the Biopharmaceutical Process and Quality Consortium. Expected summit participants are scientists and engineers from biopharmaceutical manufacturers, technology/system providers, raw material suppliers and agencies in the area of development, manufacturing, and engineering. Via this workshop, we hope professionals and leaders of biopharmaceutical industry will be able to get together and talk about next generation biopharmaceutical process. It will also be a great chance to network with professionals from major biopharmaceutical manufacturers and various technology providers such as Biogen Idec, Genzyme, Pfizer, Momenta, Millipore, GE, SAFC and more!
Featured Speakers and Presentations:
- Dr. Konstantin Konstantinov, VP of Bioprocess Development, Genzyme,
- Dr. Kelvin Lee, Professor, Univ of Delaware
- Dr. Brian Lee, CEO and Founder of PBS Biotech,
- Dr. Kathleen Mihlbachler, Professor of NJIT
- Dr. Bert Frohlich, Director of Process Engineering, Shire
- Dr. Marc Bisschops, CSO of Tarpon Biosystems, Inc.
- Dr. Sadettin Ozturk, Head of Process and Analytical Development, Mass Biologics Lab
- Dr. Kevin Bittorf, VP of Process Development and Analytical Sciences, Living Proof Inc.
- Dr. Holger Kavermann, Sr. Scientist, Roche Diagnostics, Germany
- Dr. Jay Yun, President and Founder, Chromworks
- Dr. Veena Warikoo, Associate Director of Bioprocess Development, Genzyme
- Dr. Tim Johnson, Sr. Manager of Bioprocess Development, Genzyme
- Dr. Hyunmin Yi, Associate Professor of Biomolecular and Chemical Engineering, Tufts
- Dr. Seongkyu Yoon, Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering and BMEBT, UMass Lowell
- 20~30 Posters by graduate students and researchers of Biopharmaceutical consortium.
To register, email the BPQC
or you can register on-line
. For question and special registration, email
with your contact information (Name, company, title, email and phone number). The registration fee for the summit is $1,100 per person. The registration fee for the workshop only is $200.
Lodging at the Inn & Conference Center features in-suite amenities as well as the use of newly renovated fitness center. When you make a reservation, please mention that you are attending Biopharmaceutical summit to have special rate. For reservation, please visit the ICC
You can use the parking lot of ICC. In case that the ICC parking lot is full, you can use municipal parking building. The parking ticket will be validated at the ICC reception desk.
Summit Program and Steering Committee:
- Seongkyu Yoon, Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
- Carl Lawton, Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
- Jin Xu, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
- Kevin Bittorf, VP of Process Development and Analytical Technologies, Living Proof Inc.
- Mark Trusheim, Co BioConsulting
- Hyunmin Yi, Associate Professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Tufts University
- Sanjeev Manohar, Professor of Chemical Engineering, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
- KerryLee Andken, License manager, CVIP, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
- Renae Lias Claffey, Director of Research Relations, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
- Linda Concino, Director of Contract Development, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
- Julie Chen, Vice-provost of Research, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
- Louise Griffin, Director of Coop Relations, Advancement, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell