2014 Biopharmaceutical Summit
Third Annual Biopharmaceutical Summit
We are pleased to cordially invite you to the third Annual Biopharmaceutical Summit. The Summit will be held May 27-29, 2014, in Lowell, Mass., hosted by Biopharmaceutical Process and Quality Consortium (BPQC), Massachusetts BioManufacturing Center (MBMC), and UMass Lowell. The first and second Summit conferences have been highly recognized by the scientists and engineers from biopharmaceutical manufacturers, technology/system providers, raw material suppliers and agencies in the area of development, manufacturing, and engineering, from across the country and abroad. We would like to call your attention to take this opportunity for sharing knowledge, expertise and experience as well as for building network among professionals from major biopharmaceutical manufacturers and various technology providers such as Biogen Idec, Genzyme, Pfizer, Momenta, Millipore, BMS, GE, SAFC and more!
- Workshop: May 29-30, 2014: Workshop on PAT and QbD in Biopharmaceutical Industry
- Training: May 27-28, 2014: PAT and QbD Principles in Biopharmaceuticals
- Where: ICC (Inn & Conference Center, Lowell, MA) - UMass Lowell
- Advanced Training on PAT/QbD Principles in Biopharmaceuticals
- Workshop on PAT/QbD in Biopharmaceutical Industry
- PAT/QbD Perspectives and Vision
- PAT Challenges and Practices in Biopharmaceutical
- QbD Challenges and Practices in Biopharmaceutical
- PAT/QbD Pathforward
- Poster Session
Who will be participating
Expected summit participants are scientists and engineers from biopharmaceutical manufacturers, technology/system providers, raw material suppliers and agencies in the areas of development, manufacturing, and engineering. Via this workshop, we hope professionals and leaders of biopharmaceutical industry will be able to get together and talk about next generation biopharmaceutical process. It will also be a great chance to network with professionals from major biopharmaceutical manufacturers and various technology providers.
Featured Speakers (confirmed so far) and Presentations:
- Christine Moore, PhD, Program Director, FDA/CDER,
- Kurt Brorson, PhD, Division Head of Monoclonal Antibody, FDA/CDER
- Erik Read, PhD, Scientist, Division of Monoclonal Antibody, FDA/CDER
- Michael J. Tarlov, PhD, Chief, Biomolecular Measurement Division, NIST
- Jean-Francois P Hamel, PhD, Research Engineer, Chemical Engineering, MIT
- Maurizio Cattaneo, PhD, CEO and President, BioVolution
- Richard D. Braatz, PhD, Professor Chemical Engineering, MIT
- Tim Johnson, PhD, Cell-Culture Development, Associate Director, Genzyme
- Andrew Cowen, PhD, CEO, Biopharmaceutical Technology (UK)
- Kumar Dhanasekharan, PhD, Director of Process Development, Cook Pharmica LLC.
- Bert Frohlich, PhD, Director, Shire.
- Lilong Huang, PhD, Sr Engineer, Manufacturing Sciences, BiogenIdec.
- John-Paul Smelko, Sr Engineer, Technical Development, BiogenIdec.
- Susan Sharfstein, PhD, Associate Professor, SUNY College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering.
- 20-30 Posters by graduate students and researchers of Biopharmaceutical consortium
- Seongkyu Yoon, Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
- Carl Lawton, Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
- Jin Xu, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
- Kevin Bittorf, VP of Process Development and Analytical Technologies, Living Proof Inc.
- Hyunmin Yi, Associate Professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Tufts University
- Sanjeev Manohar, Professor of Chemical Engineering, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
- Julie Chen, Vice-provost of Research, Univ. of Massachusetts Lowell
- Sadettin Ozturk, PhD, Mass Biologics, UMass Medical School, Head of Development and Analytical Technology
Industry Advisory Board
(For questions about the industry advisory board, please contact BPQC, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kevin Bittorf, VP of Process Development and Analytical Technology, Livingproof Inc (Chair)
- Neil Schauer, VP of Technical Operations, Avaxia Biologics Inc.
- Thomas Ryll, Sr. Director of Cell-Culture Development, BiogenIdec
- Jack Prior, Sr. Director of Bioprocess Engineering, Genzyme
- William Thomas, VP of Process Development, Mass Biologics
- Tom Porter, Sr. Director of Analytical Research & Development, Global Biologics, Pfizer
- Doug Banks, Associate VP for Economic Development of UMass President Office