The specific key research activities of the CMINDS include, but are not limited to:
- Parallel, Distributed Processing and Networks
- High Performance Computing Systems and applications
- Digital (DSP) and Optical Signal Processing including Speech, Video, Graphics, Image Processing, Computer Vision,Document Processing, and Medical Imaging with applications including Home Land Security and Bio-Engineering.
- MEMS and Computational Modeling for Nanotechnology Applications.
- DNA Computational Processing and Analysis.
- High-speed Networks/Networking. The topics covered in this area range from optical network node architectures and switching/routing technologies to future high speed mobile and wireless networking/networks to support anywhere/anytime multimedia communication.
- Artificial Intelligence methods, Advanced Robotics, Machine Learning, and Knowledge-Based Systems
- Remote Sensing and large Data Compression and related applications.
- Knowledge and Data Engineering tools and techniques.
- Embedded Real-Time Systems, Systems Architecture and FPGAs.
- Storage Area Networks and algorithms for Data and Knowledge Management.
- Integrity, Security and Fault-Tolerant Systems.
- Time Delay and Non-Uniform Multi-Link Weight Stability Analysis of Multi-agent and Interconnected Complex Dynamical Systems with applications including wired or wireless network/communication systems, distributed systems, power system distribution, autonomous agents.
Ongoing Research Projects and Results