Sukant Tripathy Endowed Memorial Lectures
This very distinguished scientific lecture series is presented by world renowned scientists, normally in the month of October. This event benefits the University community engaged in new, emerging science and technologies.
John D. MacArthur Professor of Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
2001 Nobel Laureaute, Physics
“Atomic Quantum Gases – Designer Materials Near Absolute Zero Temperature”
: Wednesday, October 23, 2013
: Reception 3:00 p.m., Lecture 3:30 p.m.
: Faculty Alumni Lounge
Light refreshments will be served.
Past distinguished lecturers include:
- 2012, Fred Wudl, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA
- 2011, David A. Tirrell, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA
- 2010, Timothy Swager, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- 2009, Sir Richard Friend, University of Cambridge, U.K.
- 2008, Craig C. Mello, Nobel Laureate, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- 2007, Robert Grubbs, Nobel Laureate, California Institute Technology
- 2006, Edwin L. Thomas, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2005, Alan J. Heeger, Nobel Laureate, University of California
- 2004, George Whitesides, Harvard University
- 2003, Robert S. Langer, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2002, Alan G. MacDiarmid, Nobel Laureate, University of Pennsylvania