Welcome to the AETC Seminar webpage. Here you will find abstracts of all seminar starting with the very recent semesters. We do not keep seminar record for more than 5-6 years.
These seminars are about the novel research done by current and past students of AETC. If you find a particular topic of interest, then just click on its name to get more information about it. Keep checking back often to get details of new topics that are going to be presented in the current semester.
From Spring-2013 AETC seminar was extended to be the ECE Dept. graduate seminar. This will allow larger number of graduate students to attend. We will continue to keep record of these seminars on the AETC website.
** We have video recorded of the seminar. For downloading the video: right click on video, select save link as/save target as and save it.
- Novel Applications of Molecular Spectroscopy to Heritage and Biomedical Fields of Study -Dr. T. J Tague Jr, Applications Manager, Bruker Optics, Inc.
- Modeling and Simulation in Electromagnetic Engineering -Dr. Levent Sevgi, Professor (IEEE fellow), ECE department, Umass Lowell - Video
- Robust, Secure and Effective Communications in VANETs and Its Applications -Dr. Tricia Chigan, Associate Professor, ECE department, Umass Lowell - Video
- Dual Use Product and Technology Development at M/A-COM Technology Solutions -Dr. B. Rizzi, Director Design Engineering, M/A-COM Technology Solutions - Video
- Design of High Efficient, Low Cost Solar Cells -Shiv Sharma, ECE Dept., Advanced Electronic Technology Center - Video
- Beyond Graphene: Synthesis of Single Layer Graphitic Carbon Nitride - A Carbon Nitrogen Alloy System -Prof. Joel Therrien, ECE Dept., Umass Lowell - Video
- Development of Microwave and Millimeter Wave (Terahertz) Imaging Technologies-Prof. A Veritiy-TUBITAK Marmara Center, Turkey
- Perspectives of Solar Cell Technology and Progress of Integration with Power Grid Systems-J. Valuenzela
- VITAL Built-in Self-Test-Dr. Kemal Kulovic
- Can Contactless Fingerprints be compared to Existing Database?-Anup Pillai
- Design of Miniaturized Fingerprinting System and Comparison of Contactless Fingerprints to Existing Database-Anup Pillai-Ph.D. Thesis Defense
- Pathway to ultra-efficient Photovoltaics : multijunction devices incorporating aperiodic dilute nitride quantum wells-Prof. A. Freundlich-University of Houston
- Panel Based Phased Array Radar-D. Carlson-M/A-COM Technology Solutions
- Evaluating FPGA-acceleration for Real-time Unstructured Search-Sai Rahul
- Practical Aspects of RF Power Amplifier Development-S. Munro, RFMD
- Atomic Clocks-C. Leissner, Symmetricom
- Ensuring Quality and Reliability of Compound Semiconductor Microelectronic Products-P. Ersland, M/A-COM Technology Solutions
- Big Solid State Radars-C. McCarroll, Raytheon
- Design of Novel SiC MESFET-L.Devarankonda
- Compatibility of Contact-Less Fingerprints with Existing Law Enforcement Database-Anup Pillai (Ph.D. Thesis Proposal)
- Novel Designs of Efficient Solar Cells-Dr. John Palma
- Regulating the Temperature of Solar Cells by Quantizing High Energy Electrons-L. Devarakonda
- Enhancement of Infra-Red Images of Human Hand-A. Pillai
- GaN HEMT Operating at High Voltages-T. Boles, M/A- COM Technology Solutions
- Time and Area Efficient Built-In Direct and Indirect Jitter and Phase Noise Measurement Techniques for Frequency Synthesizers-O. Kubilay
- Graphene Nanoelectronics - Fundamentals-D.Sedaat
- High Performance Mixed Signal and RF Circuits Enabled by the Heterogeneous Integration of GaN HEMTs and Si CMOS on a Silicon Substrate-Dr. T.E. Kazior, Raytheon