Booking a Trip
In order to facilitate University-related travel in the most efficient and cost effective manner, the University system has implemented a managed travel program whereby University business-related travel reservations are streamlined through two agencies. This process also protects travelers against the risk of loss and maintains the necessary controls for accountability.
The benefits available to University travelers include:
- Discounts - We have leveraged discounts negotiated through a consortium of Massachusetts-based academic and healthcare institution. By utilizing select travel site/agencies, we can offer significant savings opportunities to University travelers, resulting in the lowest available prices for airline, hotel, auto rental and rail services.
- Emergency Management - University employees traveling on international business may be more easily located and made aware of University-sponsored programs should emergency services be required.
In order to use either the online booking agency, Egencia, or live agent services through the Travel Collaborative, one must first register an account with each using your UMass Lowell email address. Your initial registration must go through a one-time authentication process which should take no longer than 24-48 hours. It is strongly suggested that you pre-register an account with each agency well before you need to make your first travel arrangements so that you may immediately book your preferred travel the first time you shop through the managed travel program.
To register your account or book travel, click the logos or links below.
- Simple point-to-point domestic reservations
- Hotel and car reservations
- Amtrak reservations
- May designate a Travel Arranger (doc)
Live Agent Booking
- All international travel reservations
- Complex domestic travel reservations, defined as visits to two or more cities
- For those who prefer personalized service