Minor in Business Administration
The minor in business administration is a set of seven courses designed to expose students to the functional areas of business.
Why should I enroll in the Business Minor Program?
- Eventually, regardless of major, virtually everyone works in a business
- The business minor will provide the education that leads to rapid career advancement
- The business minor allows easy transition to an MBA program. Students who successfully complete a business minor may be allowed to reduce the UMass Lowell MBA to ten courses from 16 (pending individual course approval by the COM)
How do I enroll in this program?
Full time undergraduates who are majoring in a discipline other than business administration are eligible to enroll in the business minor. To enroll you must:
- Indicate your intention to pursue this minor with your current advisor
- Begin coursework by taking economics, financial accounting and marketing principles; students who complete these courses will be eligible to continue with the minor
- File a Declaration of Minor form with the College of Management before registering for 300/400 level management courses
Business Minor Program Brochure (pdf)
What courses will I take?
Semesters 3 and 4
Management Information Systems
plus one 300-Level College of Management Elective
For the latest course information please consult the UMass Lowell online Undergraduate Catalog.
For more information, contact Frank Andrews, director of Management Undergraduate Programs, 978-934-2816.