Why Study Business?
Most people ultimately work in a business environment. By studying business, you will hit the ground running, ready to contribute to a dynamic and growing professional field.
Why Study Business at UMass Lowell?
- Our graduates get jobs — 92 percent of our graduates get their first job within six months of graduation, and most receive more than one offer.
- Our program is AACSB accredited, which means it holds the highest business accreditation available.
- It's one of the best values around. You will take classes that link theory and practice, technology and teamwork.
- Our professionals teach — and bring their professional experience and current research to the classroom, giving you the depth of understanding that enables you to lead.
What Will I Study?
The Robert J. Manning School of Business strives to provide a relevant, well-balanced curriculum designed to reflect current trends and ideologies in the business world. The following are downloadable degree plans for students entering The Robert J. Manning School of Business in or after Fall 2008:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
The college currently offers concentrations within the BSBA in the areas of accounting, entrepreneurship, finance, operations and information systems (OIS), management and marketing. Below are the learning goals of the BSBA.
Our students will graduate with the following competencies:
- Oral and written skills in communicating business-related information.
- Quantitative and qualitative functional area knowledge and skills.
- Team leadership and membership skills.
- Skills in the use of information and communication technologies.
- Awareness of global changes affecting business and the ability to use this knowledge in business decision making.
For more information, contact Frank Andrews, Ph.D., director of undergraduate programs at: 978-934-2816.