Admission into the program is highly competitive. The following criteria must be met prior to consideration. Waivers are granted only by the written approval of the Associate Dean, Ph.D. Program:
- Graduate of an accredited U.S. college or university or an approved foreign equivalent institution.
- Earned grade point averages of 3.0 or better in all prior undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Minimum of 4 years full-time relevant work experience.
- Satisfactory GMAT taken within the last ten years.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- International students are expected to at least meet the minimum UMass Lowell TOEFL requirements.
The faculty admissions committee will review all of the above admissions materials in a portfolio approach. In addition, students will be expected to have successfully demonstrated graduate level knowledge in seven functional areas: Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Organizational Behavior, MIS, Operations Management and Strategic Management. Additionally, they will demonstrate undergraduate competency in Calculus, Statistics and Micro/Macro Economics. Students without such knowledge will be required to take the appropriate course or denied consideration.