Note: In September 2014, this program was ranked #6 in the nation by TheBestSchools.org.
For the latest course information please consult the UMass Lowell online academic catalog.
Electives (choose five from the following)
- Overview of Homeland Security (on campus) or (online) [Required for students in this concentration]
- Terrorism and Counterterrorism (on campus) or (online)
- Understanding the Massachusetts Contingency Plan (on campus)
- Crisis and Emergency Management (on campus) or (online)
- Descriptive and Inferential Statistics (on campus) or (online)
- Domestic Terrorism & Hate Crimes (on campus) or (online)
- Issues in Computer Crime and Cybersecurity (on campus) or (online)
- Weapons of Mass Destruction (on campus) or (online)
- Seminar on Terrorism Networks (on campus)
- History of Terrorism and Counterterrorism (on campus)
- Strategic Intelligence and Homeland Security (on campus)
- Advanced Security Studies (on campus)
- Politics and Economics of Public Policy (on campus)
- Threat Assessment and Risk Management (on campus)
- Criminal Justice Intelligence & Information Sharing (on campus)
- The U.S. Defense Industry (to be developed and offered AY 2014)
- Transportation System Security and Safety (to be developed and offered AY 2014)
Other graduate-level electives taken at UMass Lowell or at other campuses of the University of Massachusetts may also count toward the 5 electives, based on approval of the Program Director and Graduate Faculty Group.