If you have an idea, enjoy thinking creatively and innovatively, want to solve a problem, start a new business or make a difference...DifferenceMakers is for YOU! All students are welcomed to make a difference at UMass Lowell, make a difference in the community and make a difference in society.
Through the Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship, along with affiliated faculty and other campus programs, the University is introducing a range of activities that help students make a difference in the world. Upcoming student activities include:
- DifferenceMaker $25k Student Competition – See a problem? Want to solve it? Put together a UMass Lowell student team, present an innovative solution and compete for $25,000 in cash and prizes.
- Honors DifferenceMaker Program – In collaboration with UMass Lowell Honors Program, this concerted effort to embed elements of social entrepreneurship in our Honors Program includes coursework and community-based student efforts.
- Freshman Make A Difference – In collaboration with UMass Lowell Orientation, Student Activities and Leadership and Residence Life Offices, this a year-long effort aims to engage freshmen in solving local and regional problems through entrepreneurial action.
- DifferenceMaker Enterprise Co-op Students – The Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship will recruit and sponsor DifferenceMaker Co-op students who will assist in the implementation of DifferenceMaker activities and programs.
- Campus Catalyst Competition – The Merrimack Valley Sandbox supports student teams with innovative ideas. An initial grant of $500 plus support and growth opportunities are provided to the most promising projects. Learn more.