Computer Replenishment Program
The Computer Replenishment Program's objectives include:
- Standardizing make/models/configurations of desktop and laptops used on the UMass Lowell campus.
- Standardizing UMass Lowell’s software deployment by having a standard image with licensed software on each computer.
- Working toward having our desktop and laptop technology be no more than 4 years old to support faculty and staff computing requirements.
- Normalizing our spending on computer technology by replacing approximately 25% of UMass Lowell’s computer inventory each year.
- Establishing a centralized project budget to pay for computers acquired through the program; department budgets will not need to pay for computers through this program unless they select a premium configuration.
- Offering robust support for faculty and staff who are issued computers through this program.