HR Direct is a UMass system-wide administrative solution to manage Human Resource data. UMass utilizes PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) v9.0 as the enterprise application.
HR Direct provides the University with functionality for the following:
- Employee self-service (including time reporting)
- Manager self-service (time approval only)
- Human Resource job data
- Benefits management
- Time reporting tracking
- Payroll processing
The future of the product includes enhancements and upgrades to improve functionality and effectiveness for all users. These include:
- eForms - New Hire and Job Data changes (Active Project - Estimated for Fall 2012)
- Summit (Active Project -Estimated Summer 2012)
- PeopleSoft 9.2 Upgrade (Planned to begin Winter 2012-13)
Access to HR Direct
All employees are automatically granted access to log into HR Direct and view their pay advice information in employee self-service. Employees also may update their own personal data, manage direct deposits and change tax withholding. Many employees also use self-service to report and approve timesheets.
Active employees can log in to HR Direct using their campus email address (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
To request HR Direct access beyond self-service, please contact Hilary Clark, the Human Resources data custodian.