UMass Lowell Information Technology has partnered with Accellion Inc. to provide a secure file collaboration solution called UML Shareit. This solution provides our university a secure collaboration solution that makes it easy for UMass Lowell to share information across university boundaries, anytime, anywhere while ensuring data security and compliance. Two important capabilities are:
- Secure File Transfer, where faculty and staff can securely send files/folders up to 10 GB in size to colleagues internal and external to the university. This service was formerly called UML Dropbox.
- Secure File Collaboration, where faculty and staff can easily set up secure “workspaces”, and invite colleagues internal and external to the university to share and manage files securely from a laptop, desktop, or mobile device.
- Web-based, intuitive, and easy to use
- File commenting
- Track file versions
- Workspace notifications to alert contributors when files have been uploaded
- Role-based access to workspaces
- Mobile access from iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, and Android devices
- Integration with UMass Lowell’s Single Sign On (SSO) initiative
- Plugins available for Microsoft Outlook 2007/2010
To access UML Shareit, visit http://shareit.uml.edu, and login with your UMass Lowell email credentials.
A Getting Started Guide and User Guide are available on the Information Technology website. For more information or issues with UML Shareit, please email Shareit@uml.edu.