How To JoinIf you are an entering freshman and:
You can apply to the Honors Program prior to matriculation.
- Have a combined score of 1200 on the SAT (or at least 26 on the ACT) and
- Rank in the top 10% of your high school class or
- Have a recalculated grade point average of 3.25 or better,
If you are a current UMass Lowell student or an entering transfer student and:
All applicants must submit a one-page, typed essay answering these questions:
- Have achieved an overall GPA of 3.25 or higher on a 4.0 scale with at least 12 earned credits.
- What are the most important extracurricular or community activities?
- What made you join these activities?
*Acceptance into the Honors Program is on a rolling basis; there is no single point of entry. Students can apply anytime during their freshman and sophomore years. Eligible juniors and seniors should apply only if they plan on extending their undergraduate career.