Our UMass Lowell Honors College seeks to grow both its library of books and its Honors Endowment Fund. Here is how it works.
Donate $50 to the college and three things will happen:
- The entire $50 will be placed into our Honors Endowment Fund that is used to support the Honors College.
- An additional $25 will also be placed into the endowment fund since there is a 50 percent match program in place.
- A book will be acquired and placed into our Honors Library. We will affix a bookplate to the inside cover of the book identifying you as the donor. If you let us know, we can inscribe a short, inspirational saying or a memorial of your choice. Moreover, if an honors student recommends the book, we will also inscribe the student’s name on the bookplate too.
Make a $200 donation (4 books) and your name will be mounted on a donor plaque that is hung on a wall within the library.
How Can I Support the Buy-A-Book Initiative?
Make out a check to the UMass Lowell Honors College and send it to:
UMass Lowell Honors College
320 Southwick Hall
University of Massachusetts Lowell
One University Avenue
Lowell, MA 01854
Make an Online Donation:
- Go to www.uml.edu/givenow
- Select the bullet that reads: Contribute to a fund not listed here.
- Enter Honors Program in the Gift Fund Name field.
“Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. Without books, the development of civilization would have been impossible. They are engines of change (as the poet said), windows on the world and lighthouses erected in the sea of time. They are companions, teachers, magicians, bankers of the treasures of the mind. Books are humanity in print.” - Barbara W. Tuchman