Students wishing to apply for admission to the program must submit a graduate admission application form
online. The preferred application deadline for Fall Admission is April 1. Applications submitted after this deadline will be considered if space allows. There are no spring applications at this time.
Admission requirements include:
- A master's degree in nursing or health related field with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.3
- Current Massachusetts R.N. license or eligibility
- Official transcripts from prior academic undergraduate and graduate records
- A personal statement about the applicant's interest in the program and career goals
- Professional CV
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can assess the applicant's academic preparation for advanced graduate work. It is requested that each reference include a personal letter on official stationary in addition to a numerical evaluation of the student using the standard UMass Lowell graduate reference form.
- Writing sample is highly recommended
- Personal interview is scheduled after review of completed online application
RN applicants who are from outside of the United States, who hold a master's degree in nursing or health related field and have established professional records in nursing are encouraged to apply. The TOEFL is required in addition to having grades translated into English by a reputable program. An in person or Skype interview is also required. For further requirements please review: http://www.uml.edu/International-applicants/default.aspx