Post-Master’s Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP) Program
- Program application submitted to the Graduate Admissions office
- MS in Nursing with APRN preparation with national certification as an APRN or board eligible for certification
MS in Nursing Administration or related field with a current RN license
- Prior official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate programs
- Three letters of recommendation (one academic recommendation preferred)
- Interview with nursing faculty
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in a nursing Master’s degree program, 3.3 GPA preferred
- Written narrative of professional goals
- 500 Master’s or Post-Master’s practicum hours
- TOEFL if appropriate
Priority application deadline is April 1. Admission is competitive. Applications received after that date will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
For Graduate Program Application, visit: http://www.uml.edu/grad
*Candidates with Master’s degrees in other nursing specialties and demonstrated leadership experience will be considered.
Our DNP program is 33 credits, and both full time and part time courses of study are available. View course of study and course descriptions.
Prospective students can take classes as non-matriculated students. We allow up to 12 credits to be transferred into the program provided the grades for these credits are B or better. View current course offerings.
Please see the UMass Lowell on-line Graduate Catalog for program requirements and a course of study.