|Internationals: Hiring & Admissions Process||Familiarize yourself with international student and scholar issues from admissions to hiring and visa assistance. |
Facilitator: Maria Conley, Director of International Students and Scholars Office
|WAN-305;||2/27/2014 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
|What's Happening in HR/EOO?|
This program provides an overview of Human Resources and Equal Opportunity and Outreach resources available to you:
- Payroll Services: learn about who is who in the office and what they do, how to read your paycheck, how to read your W-2, how to enter and approve timesheets, why are there deadlines, how to process PAF forms and what is an eForm
- Benefits/Compensation: learn more about the GIC-sponsored benefits such as health, life, long-term disabilities and flexible spending accounts
- Employment Services: obtain information on the evolving search process and model, best practices and resources available, and an update on the applicant tracking system
- Equal Opportunity & Outreach: learn how through consultation, regulation, education and partnerships, the EOO is a catalyst for a diverse and inclusive UMass Lowell community consisting of a diverse faculty, staff and student body who have the cultural competencies necessary to advance knowledge and improve the lives of the people of the Commonwealth, the nation and the world.
- Labor Relations: provide a general understanding of the University's bargaining unit structure as well as an overview of basic labor-management relations and the collective bargaining process.
Facilitators: Michael Rutherford, Director of Labor Relations / Hilary Clark, Director of Payroll / Kim Casey, Director of Compensatoin & Benefits / Clara I. Orlando, Director of EOO / Lori Cawthorne, Director of Employment Services
|WAN-305;||1/21/2014 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM