At any one time, the Project Management Group might be overseeing more than 100 UMass Lowell projects in various stages of completion, from the early scoping phase to final construction. As you move throughout the campus, you might come across these current and recent projects:
- Signage: A major signage project including highway signs, city wayfinding signs, and exterior and interior campus signs was started in 2010. Interior signage will be installed as an ongoing project.
- Food Service: A Starbucks coffee shop was built on the first floor of O'Leary Library during the summer of 2011.
University Crossing: In Spring 2011, the first groups started occupying the former St. Joseph's Hospital. The Campus Police, EEM, and UCAPS are now located there.
- Academic Offices: Several individual offices were prepared for new or relocated faculty in the Fall of 2011. Faculty office suites were also renovated on Dugan's second floor and Perry Hall's first floor.
- O'Leary: The new Learning Commons space on the first floor opened in Fall of 2011. In addition, the entire fourth floor was re-done to house the English Department and a Reading Room.
- Tsongas Center: A brand new ice system was installed at the Tsongas in time for the start of the 2011-2012 hockey season.
- Wannalancit Mills: A series of renovations will enable us to fill the building with diverse business uses. Facilities and Administration & Finance moved in the Spring of 2011, and Human Resources and Equal Opportunity and Outreach moved in the Fall of 2011.