Comprehensive transportation planning is an important contributor to the quality of campus life and the achievement of the University’s sustainability goals. Through careful transportation planning, the Division works to:
- Improve mobility to and between all campus locations
- Encourage all modes of travel to and through campus
- Protect the environment by providing alternatives to single-person trips by car
- Meet the needs of pedestrians and bicyclists through crosswalks, signal timing and other infrastructure improvements
- Refine shuttle services
- Coordinate with transportation services offered by the MBTA and Lowell Regional Transit Authority
In addition, the University has prepared a comprehensive campus transportation plan (pdf), in close cooperation with the City of Lowell, which will result in a strategy for continued transportation improvement.