The building services/housekeeping team strives to ensure a healthy, sanitary and pleasing work environment for the UMass Lowell community. The team’s primary responsibility is scheduled cleaning throughout campus buildings, including:
- Labs (limited services including sweeping and mopping floors; no counter cleaning provided)
- Conference rooms, lecture halls, lounges, kitchens, break rooms (excluding dishwashing and cleaning refrigerators)
- Stairwells, entrances, corridors, carpets
- Hard-surface floor refinishing
- Windows (inside windows for all floors; outside windows for first floor only)
Hours of Operation:
Routine Cleaning Services: 5:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Special Services and Special Event Support: 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
To request housekeeping services, contact Facilities Operations & Services at 978-934-2601 or complete the Service Request Form.
Please note that housekeeping issues that require attention within 24 hours (such as pest control, bathroom cleaning or overflowing trash) can be addressed by calling 978-934-2601.
Frequently Asked Questions