The grounds team maintains UMass Lowell’s 150 acres of grounds, fields, walkways, parking lots and driveways, providing a safe, functional, pleasant and sustainable outdoor environment for the University community. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining grass, trees, shrubs and flowers throughout campus
- Maintaining the University’s fleet vehicles
- Removing snow from campus roads, walkways, driveways and parking lots
- Overseeing the installation and maintenance of irrigation systems
- Placing, maintaining and emptying outdoor trash and recycle bins
- Controlling pests
- Supporting outdoor special events
- Composting facility
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To request services from the grounds team, please contact Facilities Operations & Services at 978-934-2601 or complete the Service Request Form.
If you have gardening or landscaping questions, please call 978-934-2601.
Frequently Asked Questions