The grounds team maintains the university's 150 acres of grounds, fields, walkways, parking lots and driveways, providing a safe, functional, pleasant and sustainable outdoor environment for the university community. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining grass, trees, shrubs and flowers throughout campus
- Maintaining the University’s fleet vehicles
- Removing snow from campus roads, walkways, driveways and parking lots
- Overseeing the installation and maintenance of irrigation systems
- Placing, maintaining and emptying outdoor trash and recycle bins
- Controlling pests
- Supporting outdoor special events
- Composting facility
To request services from the grounds team submit a Service Request.
For urgent requests, contact Facilities Management Service Center at 978-934-2601.
For questions regarding the University's gardening or landscaping please call 978-934-2601.
Frequently Asked Questions