Applying to Symphonic Band Camp
Admissions & Application Process
No audition is required to be accepted to the camp!
Students must submit application & enrollment fee to hold a place. The total cost for the camp is $575. The Registration fee is $85 and due at time of registration. The tuition is $490. Payment in full is due by June 25.
Enrollment is open until June 25, 2014
Students of all abilities are encouraged to enroll. The growth of the students in just a week is remarkable!
Students have the opportunity to study with university faculty and guest instructors, to perform with upper level college students, to live in the dorm - in the residential suites and to participate in concert band, honors wind ensemble, to choose from electives like Conducting, History of Rock and Roll, Keyboard, Percussion, to write music, create video/film scoring, and so much more... we look forward to working with you.
Join us for an immersion into music - the chance of a lifetime!
Full and Partial Scholarships are available for students and are awarded based on performance merit. All students seeking a scholarship are required to submit an mp3 file or CD for consideration. These items will not be returned. (Please note: Application and registration fee must be submitted prior to or with scholarship submission. No submission will be considered without these materials).
Requirements for recording submission:
- CD or mp3 file that is clearly labeled with student’s first and last name,instrument, title of work.
- Duplicated paper or scanned copy of the work - do not send an original (all shall be destroyed).
- Choice of work - requirements:
- Music chosen - must be a solo work. A festival piece at the District or All-State level would be appropriate.
- Two excerpts - one fast, showing technical skill,one slow, showing tone quality and expression.
- Total length of combined excerpts 3-5 minutes.
- Recording should be submitted by May 10 for scholarship consideration.