Alpha Kappa Delta Honor Society
Alpha Kappa Delta (AKD) is the national honor society for sociologists. Each spring, new members are inducted into AKD at a special evening ceremony.
To become a member of AKD, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Have a 3.0 grade point average.
- Be a junior.
- Be a sociology major, minor, or concentrator.
For more information about Alpha Kappa Delta, contact Mitra Das, Sociology Department.
The Sociology Department also gives other awards to outstanding students:
- Award for the highest sociology grade point average.
- Award for the greatest contribution to the Sociology Department.
- Shirley Kolack award for student activism.
- Nancy Green award for older women who have returned to school (given in alternate years).