Accelerated BA to MA
If you are a current UMass Lowell junior or senior, you are encouraged to apply for the Accelerated BA to MA that makes it possible to complete a Master’s Degree in one year.
What is the Accelerated BA to MA Program?
The Accelerated BA to MA Program makes it possible to complete a Master’s Degree in Peace and Conflict Studies in one year. You can apply during your Junior or Senior year. Once accepted, you can take up to 6 credits of graduate level coursework and count the credit towards both your undergraduate and graduate degrees. You would then only have 24 credits to complete in order to finish the Master’s Degree in Peace and Conflict Studies.
What are the Benefits of the Accelerated BA to MA?
- Complete a Master’s Degree in as little as one year
- No GRE Requirement
- Application Fees Waived
- Enter the job market with a competitive advantage of both bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Who can apply for the Accelerated BA to MA in Peace and Conflict Studies?
UMass Lowell juniors and seniors from any major can apply. You will need to graduate with at least a 3.0 GPA to matriculate into the BA to MA program. All other students can apply for the Master of Arts or Graduate Certificate through the UMass Lowell Office of Graduate Admissions.
How do I apply for the Accelerated BA to MA in Peace and Conflict Studies?
To apply, print out the Application Form (pdf) and return it to Graduate Admissions in Dugan Hall, 883 Broadway Street, Suite 110. You cannot apply on-line to the Accelerated BA to MA.
Which graduate courses can I take as a senior and count towards the Master of Arts in Peace and Conflict Studies?
With instructor permission, you can register for a wide variety of graduate courses, including required courses and electives. You can count up to 6 credits towards both your undergraduate and graduate degrees. For a full list of graduate courses offered, please see the graduate catalog.
Additional Information from Graduate Admissions for BA/MA Students
- Students admitted to our BA/MA program are accepted on a conditional basis with the requirement that students receive their bachelor’s degree at the end of their senior year and graduate with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. If students do not meet this requirement, their master’s degree candidacy will be voided and they would be required to re-apply via the traditional application process.
- BA/MA students must complete their bachelor’s degree first before graduate admissions can change their status to that of a fully matriculated graduate student.
- As of the summer of 2009, accepted BA/MA students may defer their admission to the graduate program up to one year. After one year, they must submit a new application via the traditional application process.