Minor in Business Administration
The minor in Business Administration is offered by the College of Management and specialized for CEE students. It is a focused set of five courses (plus two courses already in the CEE core program). Two of the five courses may be used as CEE Professional electives.
The program provides management training which is very desirable in the industry, thus providing students with a competitive advantage when searching for employment. The business minor also allows an easy transition into a later MBA program - successful completion of this Business Minor will allow you to reduce the UMass Lowell MBA from 16 down to ten courses (pending individual course approval by the College of Management).
For students in Civil & Environmental Engineering, the following courses are required:
- 49.201 Economics I (already in CEE core)
- 60.201 Accounting/Financial *
- 61.301 Business Finance *
- 62.201 Marketing Principles
- 66.301 Organizational Behavior * (may be used as CEE Professional Elective)
- 14.372 Civil Engineering Systems (already in CEE core)
- 22.576 Engineering Project Management (CEE Professional Elective)
Courses marked with an asterisk * are available during the summer or on-line.To enroll in the program, file a Declaration of Minor form with the CoM before registering for 300 level courses and indicate your intention to pursue this Minor with your CEE Faculty Advisor. Immediately after registering for the final courses which complete the minor, file an academic petition with the Office of Enrollment Services approved by the CoM. Note that only one Minor is officially noted on the student’s permanent record.
This minor differs from the standard Minor in Business Administration with the following course substitutions:
- 14.372 CE Systems is used in lieu of one of the CoM electives
- 22.576 Engineering Project Management is used in lieu of an MIS course
Download the Business Minor brochure (pdf)