B.S.B.A. Management Information Systems Concentration (Summa Cum Laude), Northeastern University
M.Ed. Educational Administration, University of Massachusetts Lowell
Ed.D. Educational Leadership, University of Massachusetts Lowell
Publications, Conference Presentations, and Group Consultations
- Hickey, C. (2009, March). Local Blended Learning: Stories, Applications, and Steps Forward. Invited Symposium Speaker: The Blended Symposium, University of Illinois at Springfield, March 10, 2009, Springfield, IL.
- Hickey, C. (2008, November). Alfred P. Sloan Grant on Local Blended Learning for UMass. Localness Grantee Presentation/Meeting. Conference Presentation at 13th Annual Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning, November 5, 2008, Orlando, FL.
- Hickey, C., & Mellen, D. (2008, May). The Standardization of Clickers at UMass Lowell. Conference Presentation at Clickerfest, Fitchburg State College, Fitchburg, MA.
- Shuldman, M., & Hickey, C. (2008, April). Camtasia – Creating rich instructional media materials. Poster Demonstration Session, The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: Making “IT” Matter, UMass Instructional Technology Conference, April 11, 2008, Boxborough, MA.
- Hickey, C. (2008 April 8). Discussant: for Johnson, W. The characteristics of effective teacher professional learning. Presented at University of Massachusetts Lowell, Graduate School of Education, Thirteenth Annual Colloquium on Research in Mathematics and Science Education. Lowell, MA.
- Hickey, C., Polley, K., Riley, J., & Torres, H. (2007 November). UMass local blended learning: Building programs and increasing access through partnerships. Conference Presentation at 13th Annual Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning, November 2-9, 2007, Orlando, FL.
- Hickey, C. (2007, June). Blended by Design: Expanding blended learning at your institution. Panel presentation at Sloan-C Workshop on Blended Learning and Higher Education, June 3-5, 2007, Bloomingdale, IL.
- Hickey, C. (2007, April). Instructional efficacy beliefs of new, career-change mathematics teachers: The important role of college supervision. Annual Spring Colloquium Journal on Research in Mathematics and Science Education (13). Lowell, MA: The Graduate School of Education, University of Massachusetts Lowell.
- Davidson, J., Hickey, C., Jacobs, C., Penna, S., Siccama, C., & Robertson, S. (2007, April). Teaching and learning with qualitative research software: Challenges for doctoral students, instructors, and dissertation advisors. Panel presentation at the New England Educational Research Association (NEERO) Annual Conference, Portsmouth, NH.
- Moloney, J., Hickey, C., Bergin, A., Boccia, J., Polley, K., & Riley, J. (2007, April). Characteristics of successful local blended programs in the context of the Sloan-C Pillars. Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks. Needham, MA: The Sloan Consortium.
- Hickey, C. (2006, July). The NVivo Shell: NVivo user’s group consultation and roundtable for UML’s Physical Therapy Department. The Graduate School of Education.
- Greenwood, A., Shea, K., & Hickey, C. (2006, May). The role of mentors and college supervisors in providing instructional support to alternative route novice STEM teachers: Two studies. Paper presented at the STEM Alternative Certification of Teachers Conference, Arlington, VA.
- Hickey, C. (2006, April). The NVivo® Shell: On the first wave in qualitative research design. Roundtable Discussion, Qualitative Research Network, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell, MA.
- Davidson, J. (with Hickey, C., Rigby, G., Robertson, S., & Siccama, C.). (2005, May). Reading “the project”: Qualitative research software and the issue of genre. Paper presented at the First International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Champaign, IL.
- Moloney, J., Dion, S., Hickey, C. & Siccama, C. (2004, November). Transforming graduate students into leaders through service learning. Academic Leader, 20(11), 4-5.
- Hickey, C. (2004, April). A study of second-career pre-service science teachers’ perceptions of teaching and school organization. Research-In-Progress Roundtable, New England Educational Research Association (NEERO) Annual Conference, Portsmouth, NH.
- Sloan-Consortium (UMass System Institutional Member)
- Sloan-Consortium, Member, Faculty Development Advisory Board
NEFDC: New England Faculty Development Council (UMass Lowell Institutional Member).
- POD: Professional Organizational Development Network (UMass Lowell Institutional Member).
- American Educational Research Association (AERA), member 2003-2006.
Institutional Member: Association of Institutional Research (AIR) and New England Association of Institutional Research (NEAIR) (while employed at Middlesex Community College).
- Institutional Member: National Council on Research and Planning (while employed at Middlesex Community College).
- Institutional Member: Massachusetts Institutional Research Network (MIRN) (while employed at Middlesex Community College).
- Member, Massachusetts Women in Public Higher Education (MWPHE), Campus Coordinator for Middlesex Community College, 1997-2003.
- Airplane Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), 1990-1997.
Honors, Awards and Citations
- Zaher-Lacouture Family Scholarship, University of Massachusetts Lowell, The Graduate School of Education, May 2005.
- University Of Massachusetts Lowell, the Graduate School of Education, Outstanding Graduate Student Award, 2005, awarded March 2005.
- Independent University Alumni Association of Lowell, Elmer C. Matthews Memorial Scholarship, February 2005.
- Pi Lambda Theta, Gamma Eta Chapter, University of Massachusetts Lowell. Inducted 1994.
- Sigma Epsilon Rho Honor Society, Northeastern University, University College. Inducted 1990.
- Nominated for Commonwealth Citation for Outstanding Performance, 1990, Middlesex Community College
- Northeastern University, Ballou Family Scholarship, July 1989.
- Massachusetts Chapter, American Society for Training and Development, Professor Joseph A. Mullen Scholarship, November 1988.
- Wang Laboratories, Employee of the Month, September, 1986.