Friday, May 17, 5-8:30 p.m.
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center
50 Warren St., Lowell
UMass Lowell’s Commencement Eve is a signature event where we reflect on the successes of the academic year, honor the achievements of talented students and welcome alumni and distinguished guests.
Schedule of Events
6–8:30 p.m. Celebration Dinner, Grand Ballroom
Commencement Eve sponsorship
funds UMass Lowell endowments, making higher education possible for many of our students. Started in 2008, the annual Commencement Eve Celebration continues to be a vital University event, raising crucial funds for our students who need financial support. In the past five years, the annual Commencement Eve Celebration has raised over $2.2 million for student scholarships.
Please consider being a sponsor for this important event and make a difference in the lives of our students. View sponsorship opportunities
Attending the Event
Admission to the event is $125 per person, which includes cocktails, dinner, awards and entertainment.
Proceeds from this event will support the UMass Lowell Scholars Fund, or an individual fund of your choice.
If you cannot attend, but would still like to make a donation, please give online
UMass Lowell would like to extend a special thank you to the members of the 2013 Commencement Eve Host Committee:
- Lawrence Ardito ’69 and Linda Carpenter '89
- George ’97 (H) and Margo Behrakis
- Richard and Terry Bolton Jr.
- Robert ’93 and Sheila Caruso
- John and Linda Chemaly
- Mark Cochran
- Jerry ’78 and Joyce ’77 Colella
- Dr. Carole Cowan
- Sue de Marie ’98, ’00
- Normand and Joy Deschene
- Richard ’91 (H) and Nancy Donahue
- George ’09 (H) and Carol Duncan
- Linda ’68 and Peter Fitzpatrick
- Bill ’80 and Kathleen ’78, ’88 Geary
- John Kennedy '70
- Michael and Cindy ’91 Kuenzler
- Bill and Deborah Lemos
- Arnold and Maureen Lerner
- Chancellor Martin T. Meehan ’78 and Ellen Murphy Meehan
- Executive Vice Chancellor Jacqueline F. Moloney ’75, ’92 and Edward Moloney
- Jack and Therese O’Connor
- John Pearson, Jr.
- Rick ’83 and Eileen Pierro Jr.
- Dr. Demetrius ’91 and Susan Rizos
- Dr. Michael T. ’74, ’76 and Mary Gene Ryan
- Mark ’81 and Elisia Saab
- Professor Emeritus Bernie ’56 and Yana Shapiro
- Robert Sheridan and Jean O’Hara Sheridan
- Michelle Silveira ’91
- Chet and Linda ’83 Szablak
- John Thibault and Elaine Zouas Thibault
(H) Honorary Degree Recipient