Robotics for Mechanical Engineering Majors
Mechanical Engineering (ME) students take foundational courses in computing and computer engineering to prepare for the upper level courses that comprise the minor.
The course package for ME students is as follows:
- 16.216 Application Programming or 91.101 Computing I (Extra)
- 16.265 Logic Design (Extra)
- 16.317 Microprocessors Systems Design I (Extra)
- 22.211 Statics (Major)
- 22.213 Dynamics (Major)
- 91.450 Mobile Robots I (TE)
- 22.579 Dynamics of Robots (TE)
- Robotics Elective (TE)
Important note: 91.450 and 22.579 are not offered every semester. Please contact the Robotics coordinators in Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering (respectively) to help plan your minor.
- Three extra courses
- Four out of department courses
- “TE” indicates that you may use a department Technical Elective to fulfill this requirement.
- “Extra” indicates that you must fulfill the requirement with an extra course.
- “Major” indicates a course that is already part of the department's degree requirements.