Robotics for Electrical and Computer Engineering Majors
For ECE students, three of the seven core courses are already requirements in their major. An additional two courses can be satisfied as technical electives. Students are required to add two or three additional courses to their program of study (two if they choose Microprocessor Systems II & Embedded Systems as their Robotics Elective).
The course package for ECE students is as follows:
- 16.216 Application Programming (Major)
- 16.265 Logic Design (Major)
- 16.317 Microprocessors Systems Design I (Major)
- 22.211/26.211 Statics (Extra)
- 22.213 Dynamics (Extra)
- 91.450 Mobile Robots I
- 22.579 Dynamics of Robots (TE)
- Robotics Elective
Important note: 91.450 and 22.579 are not offered every semester. Please contact the Robotics coordinators in Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering (respectively) to help plan your minor.
- Two or three extra courses
- Four out of department courses
- “TE” indicates that you may use a department Technical Elective to fulfill this requirement.
- “FE” indicates that you may use a department Free Elective to fulfill this requirement.
- “Extra” indicates that you must fulfill the requirement with an extra course.
- “Major” indicates a course that is already part of the department's degree requirements.