Upon completion of the Exercise Physiology program, the student will be able to:
- Understand the anatomical and biomechanical bases of human movement
- Understand the physiological and biophysical bases of human movement
- Determine and justify the best set of examination procedures, evaluate the results of the examination to develop an exercise prescription, which maximizes compliance, motivation, and prevents injury and illness.
- Evaluate professional literature in Kinesiology and Exercise Physiology.
- Apply knowledge in kinesiology and exercise physiology to a practicum setting.
- Implement a self-directed plan for professional development and lifelong learning which includes self-assessment, self correction and self direction.
- Demonstrate professional behavior during interactions with others.
- Communicate effectively in ways that are congruent with situational needs including appropriate body language, written communication, active listening skills and questioning.