Fast Track MS Program for Licensed RN Baccalaureate Students
This program is offered to outstanding students enrolled in the University of Massachusetts Lowell undergraduate RN to BS program enabling them to earn two degrees in five years. While a baccalaureate student, several designated courses (6 credits) can be taken in the master’s program. When the B.S. degree is awarded, students can enter the master’s degree program if they have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required for current UMass Lowell Nursing Undergraduates applying to this program.
Admissions and Graduation Requirements
Admission requirements include:
- Graduate of an associate or diploma school of nursing and admitted to University of Massachusetts Lowell RN Degree Completion
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse
- Declare intent to apply to master’s program at the end of the junior year
- Must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA at the time of declaration, maintain the cum of 3.0 and graduate with a 3.0 before admission to the graduate program
- Must receive a B.S. degree and be admitted to the master’s program before taking specialty courses in the M.S. program
- Must have 30 credits of undergraduate work at UMass Lowell toward B.S. degree
- Allowed to take up to 6 graduate credits (500 level or above) while completing senior year and these credits count for both degrees
- Must follow University admission criteria to M.S. programs
Bachelor's/Master's Program Information