Academic Progression Policy
As part of the College of Health Sciences, the Clinical Laboratory Sciences (Clinical Science and Medical Laboratory Science Options) and Nutritional Science Programs have the following academic policies for students to successfully progress in and complete the baccalaureate program.
Freshmen students not meeting the below criteria will be sent a warning letter. First semester transfer students not meeting the below criteria will also be sent a warning letter.
First semester sophomore year students and higher and second semester transfer students and higher not meeting the below criteria will be sent a letter dropping them from the program. Students may send a letter to petition for their reinstatement. The Department Professional Review Committee will review the petition and decide to either reinstate the student with conditions to be met by a certain deadline or to drop the student from the program with no further appeal. Students that are reinstated and do not meet the criteria will be dropped from the program with no further appeal.
Department Academic Policies
- Overall cumulative GPA must be a 2.5 or greater
- Semester GPA must be a 2.5 or greater
- No grade lower than C in courses listed as Designated Professional Courses*
- No withdrawal from a Designated Professional Course.*
- Medical Laboratory Science option only
- Basic science GPA must be a 2.5 or greater
- Anatomy and Physiology I & II Lecture and Lab
- Physiological Chemistry I & II Lecture and Lab
- Basic Clinical Microbiology Lecture and Lab
- Organic Chemistry Lecture and Lab
- Clinical Laboratory Theory Lecture and Lab
- Clinical Science option
- Must have a grade of at least a C in a course to be used to meet the Science Specialization requirement
*List of “Designated Professional Courses” will be supplied by the department.