Sociology major upon completing the program of studies should/will be able to:
- Use sociological perspective to understand the world around them and locate the interplay between structure, culture and human agency.
- Explain and critically evaluate the relevance of important sociological concepts to social phenomenon such poverty, inequalities of class, race, ethnicity and gender.
- Demonstrate knowledge of major theoretical traditions in the field and their impact on empirical inquiry.
- Develop competency in the use of methods and tools in sociological research -to design, gather and analyze data.
- Conduct independent sociological inquiry using sociological perspective.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, communicative (verbal and written) and analogical skills.
- Critically assess (be consumers of) information about the social world we live in for formulating constructive programs of social change.