Students who graduate with a degree in Political Science will be able to:
- Understand and utilize qualitative and quantitative political science research methods; demonstrate a grasp of basic statistical concepts and their application to research.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of the theories and functions the state; and of the nature, problems and development of politics, government, public policy and law at all levels.
- Demonstrate a basis in knowledge and critical thinking skill that prepare students for intelligent citizenship and civic participation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the politics of other nations and of the international community in an increasingly globalized world.
- As Politics is a practice as well as an area of academic study, demonstrate the ability to critically analyze and compare academic course portrayal of political activity with an actual experience of such activity.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce a significant research paper reflecting acquired writing, research and critical analysis skills.