Upon completion of the Philosophy major, a graduate will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the major traditions of human thought.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to a wide array of problems.
- Be able to analyze, critique, and apply persuasive arguments in a disciplined and systematic way.
- Demonstrate the ability to use oral and written communication to effectively communicate a point of view.
- Be able to analyze problems of human value and meaning within the context of the traditions of moral philosophy.
- Demonstrate the ability to pursue independent study (read and reflect on) of philosophical works.