Bachelor of Music in Performance Requirements
Students wishing to pursue the Bachelor of Music in Performance (Instrumental, Vocal) degree program may apply to the Performance Coordinator and are subject to the following:
Application for Performance Specialization
- Application is usually made at the end of the first semester;
- Application forms are available in the Department of Music Office and must be submitted to the Performance Coordinator no later than December 1 for fall auditions, May 1 for spring auditions; and
- Written recommendations from the applied instructor must also be submitted to the Performance Coordinator by December 1 for fall and May 1 for spring.
- A minimum grade of B is required for each ensemble and applied course;
- A grade point average of 2.000 must be achieved in all music courses;
- A minimum of nine music credits are required and must include credit for the following courses:
- 72.101 Applied Keyboard 1
- 71.108 Musicianship & Analysis 1
- 71.103 Aural Skills 1, one semester; and
4. A successful Performance Audition is required.
Retention in Performance Specialization
- A minimum grade of B is required for each ensemble and performance specialization course;
- A grade point average of 2.500 must be maintained for all music courses;
- Continued full-time enrollment in the prescribed curriculum is required;
- A senior recital is required during the same semester in which the applied music sequence is completed;
- Performance in the Department of Music recital hour is required during each semester of residency.
Performance Course Tracks