Italian Studies Minor
The interdisciplinary minor in Italian Studies consists of 18-24 credits of coursework. At least six credits at the 3000 level or above can be taken outside of the Italian Language component.
For course descriptions, see the department listings.
Required Language Courses
- WLIT.1010 Italian 1 and Culture
- WLIT.1020 Italian 2 and Culture
- WLIT.2110 Italian 3 and Culture
- WLIT.2120 Italian 4 and Culture
Students may take 2 to 4 courses from the list below, two of which (6 credits) must be at the 3000 level or above.
- ARHI.3210 Italian Renaissance Art
- ARHI.3320 Italian Baroque Art
- WLIT.3250 Italian American Literature and Culture
- WLIT.3000 Modern and Contemporary Civilization and Culture
- WLIT.3300 Italian Women Writers
- WLIT.3450 Advanced Italian Conversation
- WLIT.3730 Italian Humanism
- WLIT.3780 Italian Cinema and Culture
- WLIT.4910 Directed Study in Italian Literature
- WLIT.4950 Advanced Tutorial in Italian Culture
- WLIT.4950 Advanced Tutorial in Italian Culture (Directed Study)
For more information and/or to declare a minor in Italian Studies, please contact Giulia Po Delisle, Dept. of World Languages and Cultures, Coburn Hall 102 or email Giulia_Delisle@uml.edu.