For its undergraduate students, the department offers a combined BSE/MSE program. This program is available to undergraduates with a minimum 3.0 cumulative g.p.a. at the end of their Junior year. Application for the BSE/MSE program should be made to the graduate coordinator by the eighth week of the second semester of the junior year. The graduate coordinator will hold the application until the grades for the complete junior year are obtained.
Benefits of the BSE/MSE Program:
- The graduate application fee is waived.
- The university requirement that all graduate school applicants take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is waived.
- Two graduate courses (500 level) are taken in the senior year and the six credits obtained are applied to the B.S. degree requirements. In addition, if a grade of B or better is obtained in these courses they may be applied to the M.S. degree requirements. Students may take more graduate courses as a BSME student. However, only six credits may be counted toward both degrees.
- Any technical elective credits taken above the department minimum (9 credits) may be applkied to the MS degree.
- You end up with both a Bachelors and a Masters degree.
See more information on the bachelor's/master's degree program