Special Academic Policies
The following rules govern the applicability of courses satisfying curriculum requirements in any Manning School of Business concentrations:
A. Students may transfer a course that COM offers in its upper division (junior and senior years) if the course was taken at a school accredited by the AACSB, and a grade of ‘C’ or better was earned.
B. Upper division Manning School of Business courses (300 and 400 level) are restricted to matriculated students who have been admitted to the upper division program and have completed all prescribed prerequisites. Transfer students may not count any courses that require validation or which are not creditable to the MSB concentration towards this requirement.
C. MSB upper division courses are restricted to:
- juniors and seniors enrolled in MSB;
- juniors and seniors enrolled in another college of the university whose major requires completion of specific business courses; and
- special students who meet appropriate prerequisites.
D. An unrestricted (free) elective (designated non-MSB) for MSB students is any course satisfying one of the following criteria:
- a 100 or above level course from any college offered in the day program;
- a course listed as satisfying a University area distribution requirement;
- a course allowed by an approved academic petition.
Any course taken in violation of these rules may not be used to fulfill MSB curriculum requirements regardless of the grade