The Graduate (MBA) Learning Goals and Objectives:
GOAL 1: Our MBA graduates shall have analytical skills applying business analysis, data management and diagnostic problem-solving skills in order to support management decision-making.
Students will make data-driven decisions demonstrating the ability to:
- Identify alternatives
- Identify the criteria for assessing alternatives
- Apply criteria to alternatives
- Evaluate results
GOAL 2: Our MBA graduates shall have leadership and team membership skills needed for implementing and coordinating organizational activities and managing change.
Students will demonstrate leadership skills by:
- Identifying goals and directing followers toward them
- Providing the necessary information and resources to the team
- Clarifying performance expectations and timeframes
- Empowering others by encouraging dissent
Students will demonstrate team membership skills by:
- Identifying and recommends a change requirement to other team members
- Openly questioning and listening to other team members to achieve consensus on the required change
- Collaboratively developing and assessing multiple alternatives for achieving the change
- Interactively developing an action plan for implementing the change
GOAL 3: Our graduates shall have an understanding of how global competitive environments are changing business practice.
Students will provide evidence of global perspective and awareness by:
- Demonstrating an understanding of how global competitive environments are changing business practice
- Identifying, comparing and contrasting cultural differences and how these differences affect best practice
GOAL 4: Our graduates shall have the ability to integrate business knowledge and management techniques to aid planning and control in a changing environment.
Students will illustrate this by:
- Demonstrating the ability to integrate management techniques to aid planning and control in a changing environment
- Displaying the ability to effectively manage conflict