UNDERGRADUATE MINOR IN EDUCATION
For information contact John Brown. Ph.D.
541 O’Leary Library
- The minor in Education consists of 18 credits exclusive of any coursework taken to satisfy the Gen. Ed. requirements.
- All course pre-requisites must be satisfied.
- Freshmen are not eligible to begin the minor.
- Students who begin the minor in their sophomore year will take two courses each year in the minor.
- Students who begin the minor in their junior year will take 4 courses in their junior year and two in their senior year.
- No student can enroll in the field experience course before officially declaring their intention to complete the minor.
- Those students who wish to become teachers should apply to the M.Ed. program during their senior year.
Fast Track To Teaching -- M.Ed. with Teacher Licensure
Those candidates who seek to enter the fast track to teaching M.Ed. must complete their application during the fall of the senior year. A student who has maintained a 3.5 GPA in four undergraduate minor courses and has favorable faculty evaluations that speak to knowledge and skills and dispositions for teaching will not be required to take the GRE or MTEL for admission The MTEL is required for licensure and must be completed before entry to the practicum. Students accepted to the Fast Track Program may take one or two required graduate courses in Education during the spring semester of their senior year.
PROGRAM OF STUDY
|01.371 Educational Psychology
||47.101 General Psychology or 48.101 Introduction to Sociology
|01.384 Education and Cultural Diversity
|47.101 General Psychology or 48.101 Introduction to Sociology
|01.391 Understanding Education
||College Writing I
College Writing II
|02.401 Exploring Teaching
01.384 and 01.371
CORI check required
(Seniors accepted into the Fast Track
Program may take a specified Graduate
Education course with permission of
||02.xxx Field Experience and Seminar
Specified Graduate Education Course if
accepted into the Fast Track Program with
permission of coordinator
- Cannot be taken until minor is declared.
- Four required "minor" courses
- CORI check required