The UMass Lowell Boathouse and the Merrimack River Rowing Association have teamed up to offer a boathouse and community rowing membership. Membership costs $350 per year.
MRRA members can make use of the following equipment and facilities:
The Association owns approximately 15 shells for the use of its members. These include
- A full range of single sculls (1x) for different rowers of different weights and experience (including very stable beginner shells to fine lightweight racing shells)
- Three double sculls (2x)
- One Quad
- Members can make use of the shower and changing facilities in the boathouse.
- A launch is available for coaching
- Members looking for additional fitness opportunities have the priviledge of registering for a UMass Lowell Recreation Center Membership for an additional fee.
Joining the MRRA is a process. For best results, get the paperwork components done early, then fill out the on-line application. Once the paperwork is done, you'll be able to fulfill the safety requirements at our next upcoming meeting (second Tuesday of every month). Specifically, you'll need to hit the following items, send the four paper forms plus a check, and then attend the next MRRA meeting to see the Safety Video and start the orientation process:
Fees for Current Rowing Season
New and Returning Membership
- Individual - $350
- Family - First member at $350, each additional rowing family member is $75
- Membership for Learn-To-Scull Program - $200
- College or HS student 18 or older (Summer Only - row from June 1 through Aug 31 only) with STRINGENT WORK REQUIREMENTS, $150. Other equipment limitations apply; you will need to check in with the Boat Captain before your application will be accepted. Students under 18 must join with a parent or legal custodian at the Family rate and may only row with adult supervision.
Rack Rental (Not guaranteed, waiting list applies, see Boat Captain)
- $350 for single. Do not send this money unless you are renewing a rack from last year. Waiting list applies for all new rack requests.
If you are interested in becoming a member please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.