Maps & Resources
- http://massbike.org - This website has many resources including bike safety education, riding tips, local paths/trails and Massachusetts state bike laws.
- http://bicyclesafe.com - Find out tips on how to avoid accidents with automobiles.
- http://www.ridethecity.com/ - Find the best routes to bike around Boston
- http://www.traillink.com/ - Trail Link, run by the Rails to Trails Conservancy, helps you plan biking trips and routes based on established biking trails and greenways. It is a great resource whether you are planning a family weekend in Maine or a Saturday ride with friends.
- Mobile Apps- There are some great user-friendly apps out there, such as Strava and MapMyRide that help you track your own bike rides, and allows you to see others' routes as you plan new rides.
Safe Bike Routes Are Available Across all Campuses
Biking is permitted on sidewalks except in sections of the downtown area. Some streets in Lowell, like Pawtucket Blvd, offer shoulders that make it convenient to ride on the road. Roads, such as Father Morissette Blvd, now include bike lanes and other roads like portions of Middlesex St. include Sharrows (painted bike arrow logos) that remind drivers to share the road with cyclists.
Click on each map below for a larger, printable version.
North Campus to Rec. Center
- 1.2 Miles, 8 Minutes by Bike
North Campus to South Campus
- 1.0 Miles, 7 Minutes by Bike
The East Campus Rec Center to South Campus
- 1.2 Miles, 8 minutes by bike