The primary objectives of the Environmental Science Program are to provide a well-rounded science education and a skill set that prepares our students for a variety of career options. We achieve these objectives by providing our students with a stimulating learning environment and the opportunity for real-world experiences.
Requirements of the Major
Semester by Semester Program of Study:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of physical and chemical processes in an earth’s atmospheric systems context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of meteorology, atmospheric dynamics, and weather forecasting.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of climate dynamics and prediction, climate variability, climate change and impacts.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically evaluate scientific data.
- Demonstrate computational, quantitative and oral/written language competence.